The final week of the IDEA 2022 shortlist reveal continues with our other two Residential categories: Residential Multi and Residential – Interior Curation, and Community Services.
All shortlisted projects are listed below, each with a link to a dedicated page on the IDEA website where you can find more images and information about each project.
Previously we shared the shortlisted projects in our biggest and most highly anticipated category – Residential Single – followed by Institutional, Public Space, Events, Object – Furniture and Lighting, Retail and Workplace, Sustainability, Colour and Hospitality.
Shortlisted projects were selected by our editorial team. A further round of judging by our judges – Eva Sue, Nina Maya, Yasmine Ghoniem, Alexander Lotersztain, William Smart, Pascale Gomes-McNabb and Sarah-Jane Pyke – will determine the category winners, which will be announced in late November.
To receive regular updates about IDEA, including details of how to enter next year, subscribe to our newsletter.
Below is the full Residential Multi shortlist:
This category is sponsored by Laufen.
- 8 Loftus Street – Quay Quarter Lanes, Studio Bright with styling by Megan Morton
- 17 Union Street, BKK Architects with Clare Cousins Architects, and Neometro
- 18 Loftus Street, Silvester Fuller
- 380 Lonsdale, Elenberg Fraser
- 1788 Residences, Bates Smarts with SJD Group
- Baptcare Strathalan Integrated Community, Billard Leece Partnership
- Blue at Lavender Bay, PTW Architects
- Central Park, Ewert Leaf with styling by Kmode Interiors
- Heyington, Carr
- Nightingale Ballarat, Breathe
- Paragon, Fender Katsalidis
- Premier Tower, Elenberg Fraser
- Sarah Sands, Jackson Clements Burrows
- The London, Ewert Leaf with styling by Natalie James
- Thirty Anderson Street, Rob Mills Architecture and Interiors with Sadikay
- Uniting Bowden Brae, PTW Architects
Below is the full Residential – Interior Curation shortlist:
- Arch Deco, Hindley & Co
- Art house, Linda Habak Design (LHD) with styling by Olga Lewis
- Art house, Simone Haag with Angela Harry
- Brun Beach, Studio Kate
- Calabash Bay Lodge, Carole Whiting Studio with Redfern Lynch Architects
- Contemporary Connection – Pavilions Blackburn Lake, SOUL SHAPES – Mel Sherwell
- Coogee residence, Jodie Carter Design Pty Ltd with styling by Kayla Gex
- Elwood residence, Flack Studio
- Fitzroy Bridge house, Matt Gibson Architecture + Design with Clive Steele Partners and Robyn Barlow
- Grid house, Doherty Design Studio with Ari Alexander and styling by Bea Lambos
- Home Low, Catherine de Meur Interiors with styling by Kerrie-Ann Jones
- Jennings, Simone Haag
- Kensington, Flack Studio
- Layer Cake, Arent&Pyke with styling by Olga Lewis
- Legato house, Arent&Pyke with styling by Claire Delmar
- Maison du Bonheur, Swee Design and Austin Design Associates
- Moor Street residence, Flack Studio
- Nolan house, Fe Design Interiors with building by Lisney Construction
- Place of Miracles, Kate Challis Interiors
- The Whiskey Room, Simone Haag
- Troye Sivan’s house, Flack Studio
- Upstairs house, Carole Whiting Studio
- Walan apartment, Alcorn Middleton with styling by Lee Accatino
Below is the Community Services shortlist:
Wesley Edward Eagar Centre, Scott Carver
Browse all projects on the shortlist page.
Lead image: Walan apartment, Alcorn Middleton with styling by Lee Accatino. Photo: Toby Scott.