- Article by job_poster
Sign up for our newsletter
ArchiTeam is looking for a passionate events and engagement person with experience in negotiating and gaining sponsorship.
The events & engagement role will work closely with the CEO, ArchiTeam Board and the Continuing Professional Development (CPD)/Conference/Awards committees in the coordination and running of monthly CPD sessions, workshops and other ArchiTeam events with up to 250 attendees (Conference and Awards).
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Working 2 days per week (potential 3 days during busy periods),
– assisting in planning annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and events calendar,
– negotiate and obtain sponsorship,
– setting up and managing online event booking systems,
– securing, liaising and coordination of presenters for events,
– booking venues, catering and all other event logistics,
– updating websites with event information and coordinating electronic event reminders,
– maintaining attendance records and organising the issuing of formal CPD certificates,
– some out of hours work and occasional interstate travel required (flights, accommodation and meals will be provided),
– general administration as required, and
– other ad hoc duties as required
Required Skills & Experience
– 3+ years’ experience working in events, preferably in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) delivery,
– experience in negotiating and obtaining sponsorship,
– exceptional organisational skills and ability to work independently and with committees,
– excellent computer knowledge, preferably with experience updating AwardsForce, WordPress, TryBooking, Survey Monkey and Mail Chimp,
– strong written and verbal communication skills,
– confidence dealing with a variety of stakeholders,
– ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others,
– high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information,
– ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others, and
– driver’s license and car.
Experience working in architecture, interior design or other related fields is preferable, but not essential.
NOTE: Previous applicants need not reapply
Founded in 1991 ArchiTeam Cooperative is a membership association for Australian architects working in small, medium and emerging practices.
We’ve been around for 25 years but we’re undergoing a growth spurt as the unique role and importance of small practice is recognised in the design industry. ArchiTeam is democratically run by members, for members. Every member is encouraged to play an active part in shaping our organisation. With over 500 members, we are the leading dedicated voice of Australia’s small architectural practices.
Please email your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 2 October 2017.
unltd is a new lighting technology by ambience, which allows creative lighting possibilities that have never been possible before.