- Article by Jobs
As a Interior Designer, you will assist the Studio Director, Design Managers, and Design Director on workplace, retail, hospitality and architectural projects, providing design solution by giving clients excellent service both on design and delivery. You will represent Gensler’s design to clients and the design community, improving design quality and working profitably for the firm. In this role, you will work with multiple project teams in the Sydney office and the Asia region.
To perform this job successfully, you must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high energy, rapidly growing multi-national organization. Besides strong communication & presentation skills, you must be proficient with the various design tools and software. Other qualities such as ownership, details oriented, the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling a wide variety of activities, while maintaining a realistic balance among multiple priorities simultaneously are also essential for this role.
What You Will Do
- Perform interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development, tender documents & construction documents
- Provide design support for completion and execution of design projects
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- Participate in selection of FF&E colour palettes & material presentations, and generate specifications
- Leverage oneself beyond project-based focus to address greater office and regional issues.
- Continually improve the quality of our work, the manner in which we deliver it and the process we employ to attain it
- Build, nurture and foster new relationships with a broad client & supplier base
- Work closely with Design Directors, Design Managers and colleagues across the firm to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy to facilitate its advancement in respective offices and across the firm
- Effectively communicate and implement key strategic initiatives and become an influential “Voice” of design
- 3-5 years of relevant design experience with the design of Commercial Interiors/Workplace projects
- Degree from an accredited school of design
- Strong planning abilities, including development of design concepts, knowledge of furniture and finishes, local/national planning codes, and budgets.
- Highly skilled in conceptual thinking, experiential design and storytelling in space
- Good Knowledge of FF&E, colour & materials
- Good Knowledge of furniture systems and specifications
- Proficiency in the use of Revit and SketchUp is a must. Other 3D computer design programs will be an advantage
- Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Wellbeing Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. As such, we offer wellness programs and paid overtime as well as twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. Please include work samples along with your resume and cover letter.