- Article by Elisa Scarton
Looking to get your foot in the industry? We’re looking for a full-time cadet journalist for our Melbourne office. This is your chance to join a leading interior design and architecture publication and gain experience writing online and in print.
What’s the role?
- Writing, publishing and sharing stories daily
- Working with guidance to generate fresh story ideas
- Building relationships within industry to generate content
- Interviewing key persons for comment
- Delivering vibrant, clean copy to tight deadlines and to house style
Who are you?
- You have a strong interest in architecture and interior design, and possibly an undergraduate degree in journalism or communications
- You can write clearly and concisely
- You have a high standard of spelling, grammar and style
- You enjoy writing for online and social media audiences and tight deadlines
- You can show initiative in generating story ideas while also working to direction and in collaboration with the editor
- You know Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- You’re not afraid to pick up the phone and interview someone
- Most of all, you need to be passionate about a career in journalism
What’s in it for you?
- Collaborative environment
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Opportunity to hone your journalism skills on the job
Send us your cover letter, resume and three examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.