- Article by job_poster
Sign up for our newsletter
– Award-winning architecture firm in Surry Hills,
– work on high-end projects,
– long-term career progression.
Koichi Takada Architects is a Sydney-based boutique architecture firm, led by Koichi Takada. Founded in Sydney in 2008, it is a young and innovative practice with a wide range of architectural and interiors projects in residential, commercial, hospitality and cultural venues in Australia and overseas.
Our studio is located in a landmark warehouse building in Surry Hills, with a relaxed feel and plenty of natural light and views.
As Project architect, you will have the support of highly experienced directors and associates, ensuring your continuous growth and enabling your career progression within our team. You will work on various high-end, large-scale multi-residential projects from design concept through to delivery.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
– Leading projects from concept design to construction,
– tracking the progress of each project and reporting to the directors,
– building and maintaining client relationships,
– liaising with clients, council, consultants,
– producing AutoCAD and Revit drawings, checking and marking up shop drawings, reviewing your team’s drawings, and
– leading a small team, mentoring juniors.
The ideal candidate will be an all-rounder with the following experience, skills and attributes:
– 5+ years post graduate experience in coordinating complex multi-residential or mixed-use projects in a similar role,
– NSW registration,
– proven experience in coordinating a small internal team and liaising with clients, council, consultants,
– proficient in documenting in AutoCAD and Revit,
– a high sense of responsibility with an excellent eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills,
– mature communication skills,
– a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude,
– an eagerness to learn and a commitment to deliver outstanding work,
– excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure,
– thorough knowledge of BCA and Australian standards,
– a degree in architecture from a recognised university.
Applicants must be Australian residents or hold a valid Australian work permit allowing full-time work.
If you meet the above selection criteria, please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio in PDF format (no more than 10 MB, no web links please) to the practice manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also indicate your availability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
** No agencies please**