- Article by Online Editor
Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning
Innovation in Applied Design Lab
Reference no. 2092/1216
Join a major Australian Research Government funded program on Innovation in Advanced Multi-Storey Housing Manufacture
• Develop your career alongside internationally renowned academics and work directly with industry
• Full-time, 3-year fixed term appointment, remuneration package: $103K p.a. (which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% superannuation)
The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. We employ over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The University of Sydney’s Innovation in Applied Design Lab at the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning, together with industry partners Lendlease and DesignMake, has been awarded a prestigious Commonwealth Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) Project grant.
The research project will focus on innovating in the multi-storey manufactured housing area, and building on the leading work already carried out by Lendlease and DesignMake. The focus on prefabricated and modular housing reflects the growing global interest in the transformation of the construction industry towards a more industrialised, smart and sustainable manufacturing industry.
As part of the CRC Project, the University of Sydney together with Lendlease and DesignMake, are seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for two prestigious postdoctoral fellowships. The postdoctoral fellows will work within the Innovation in Applied Design Lab and industry partners under the supervision by Associate Professor Mathew Aitchison and other faculty within the Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning. Interested applicants should refer to the Application Details below.
We are seeking appropriately qualified postdoctoral candidates who have the capability to undertake a wide spectrum of research and development associated with the prefabricated construction industry. Candidates will work directly with Lendlease and DesignMake, along with the wider research group, and will require a broad range of skill sets and experience across a number of categories.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• a completed PhD and relevant work experience in academia, practice or industry
• to demonstrate a proven capacity in at least two of the following five thematic areas:
1. Supply Chain Innovation: Logistics & Time-Cost Motion Analysis
2. Configurator: Integrated Design, Manufacturing, and Process Platform
3. Digitising Field Activities: Site/Factory Interface
4. Material Fabrication Technologies and Techniques
5. High-Performance Modular Building Envelopes
• high level written and verbal communication skills in English.
There are also desirable criteria for appointment.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 11:30pm 22 January 2017 (Sydney time)
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.