Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning
Reference no. 1207/0617
• Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience of the built environment
• Opportunities available for continuing or fixed-term, full-time or part-time
• Opportunities for candidates with experience in practice or research
About the opportunity:
The School of Architecture, Design and Planning is expanding its capacities in the area of architectural structures and technologies and is seeking applicants with a demonstrated track record in that area to augment our current academic team. It is expected that applicants will have a successful track record in architectural practice, or a well-defined research agenda, and that they will be able to substantially contribute to the preparation and delivery of teaching in the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate architecture programs. The responsibilities of this role will include:
• Teaching in the undergraduate and postgraduate architecture programs, including coordination and delivery of all or part of selected core and elective units of study, such as architectural design, architectural technologies, building construction,
• attracting and supervising higher degree research students (whether traditional or PhD by design),
• undertaking research or research-led practice that advances architecture and its contribution to humanity. This may be through theory, praxis or research-led practice,
• building research collaborations within the school, the university and beyond, and
• making applications for research funding.
It is expected that candidates will be motivated to work collaboratively with colleagues on research projects operating in the disciplines of architecture and architectural science in the school. Current labs that are conducting high-level research of relevance to this position are the innovation in applied design (IAD) lab, and the indoor environmental quality (IEQ) lab.
The university values courage and creativity, openness and engagement, inclusion and diversity, and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a lecturer/senior lecturer in architectural technologies who can bridge technology and design, and who possesses demonstrated ability to work in a complex and challenging environment, and who have expertise in some of the following architectural technologies areas: construction technologies and building structures, advanced structural design, smart materials, digital fabrication.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 31 August 2017 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.