- Article by job_poster
Sign up for our newsletter
Come and work in lively Balmain in Christopher Jordan Architecture & Design’s boutique practice, known for high-quality work within private and multi-residential sectors with a growing selection of commercial projects. This role is a long-term career opportunity, offering an exceptional family friendly work-life balance. We work hard but don’t work long hours or weekends.
We are also offering a sign on bonus of $5k in addition to salary offered.
We’re seeking an experienced architect to come on board in a project architect role. You must be a motivated self-starter who is dedicated and ambitious, who enjoys stepping up and taking responsibility and is capable of working autonomously. You will be working in a collaborative team environment and closely with the director, who is a hands-on designer and project manager.
Our practice values sustainability and environmental outcomes for all our clients.
We thrive on client consultation and creating excellent places and spaces for people. Our aim is for excellence throughout the design and building process and to nurture close relationships with all clients, consultants, planning authorities and contractors to achieve this.
The role will encompass but is not limited to:
– Concept design & design development.
– Contract documentation and construction detailing
– Contract administration
– Quality control
– Project management
– Co-ordinating and/or leading the activities of other team members including external consultants, as appropriate to the task
– Contributing positively to collaborative team culture
To be successful you must have:
– Completed qualifications within architecture
– Registration as an architect (beneficial but not essential)
– Minimum five years (including 3+ years local) relevant experience working on small to medium scale multi-residential and mixed use projects
– Site experience with contract administration skills desirable
– Demonstrated capacity for project leadership
– High level communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to oversee multiple projects from start to finish
– Excellent attention to detail and documentation ability
– Proficient in Vectorworks
– Good skills in report writing and written communications
– Strong industry, BCA and Australian Standards knowledge
This is an integral role crticial to the studio’s continued future success. The salary package offered is in the range of $80,000 -$90,000 per annum plus superannuation – and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications from candidates with no local experience will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send CV and up to date portfolio (maximum 10mb) to Chris Jordan, firstname.lastname@example.org.