- Article by job_poster
Education: Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Interior Architecture, Advanced Diploma of Interior Design
Availability: immediately available
Salary: 70k + Super (subject to experience)
Experience: A minimum of 7 years required, local residential experience required.
Position overview: Geoform Design Architects has an exciting opportunity for a senior interior designer based in our Alexandria office.
We are an integrated design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help serve our clients with excellent design outcomes.
The successful candidate will participate in the development of interior design solutions in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team through all project phases; programming, concept and schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration. Must also have excellent leadership skills and be able to work independently while managing a team and filtering priorities in a busy environment.
Primary responsibilities, key skills and experience will include the following:
– Evaluate client needs, analyse and effectively document design objectives and spatial requirements including programming, space planning and facilities planning,
– conceptual development of interior spaces addressing planning, three-dimensional concept development, development of furniture packages,
– excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
– self-motivated focus to achieve project deadlines,
– guide the project execution through all phases of design while actively collaborating with technical leadership,
– independently evaluate and select materials, consult with vendors, inform project specifications,
– produce high-quality drawings in conformance with project time, budget and quality parameters,
– work alongside a second senior interior designer or architect to program and design interior spaces,
– assist with construction documents for interiors and architectural components,
– prepare, correct and update documents during schematic design and design development phases,
– develop mature solutions to technical and design problems following established standards,
– meet with clients,
– qualification in interior design, interior architecture or architecture with minimum 7 years’ post graduate experience,
– experience in high profile projects include workplace, hospitality and residential projects,
– all phases of project delivery including strong concept and presentation skills,
– design and development of interior finishes, interior elevations, details, ceilings/lighting and finishes,
– assist with selecting and specifying furniture,
– reports to associates and director,
– essential knowledge in regulatory requirements, preparation of documentation and specifications,
– excellent detailed design and graphic skills,
– self-motivated focus to achieve project deadlines on multiple projects,
– must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based, client-focused environment, and
– high-level proficiency in Revit, Autocad, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required.
Send CV, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.