- Article by Online Editor
Sign up for our newsletter
British luxury bath brand Victoria + Albert is calling for entries in an international design competition. The bathroom design competition seeks a proposal that responds to a boutique hotel feel, executed in a compact space. The winning design will be brought to life at the Salone del Mobile Design Fair in Milan in 2018.
Entries are open until 22 December, with the brief calling for a concept bathroom design that inspires, relaxes and invigorates while incorporating Victoria + Albert products.
Part of the prize package includes an all-expenses-paid trip to Milan for the Design Fair, where the winning designer will have the opportunity to showcase their work to the international design community.
The jury is made up of five esteemed architects and designers, including:
– Beat Huesler – director of Oppenheim Architecture + Design Europe,
– Richard Felix-Ashman – interior design director of Handel Architects,
– Alexandra Champalimaud – founder of Champalimaud Design,
– Simon Kincaid – director of Conran and Partners, and
– Laura Bielecki – senior interior designer at Ellington.
The four areas of judging criteria include creativity (how innovative is the design), personality (how distinctive is the design), functionality (how does the design suit a hotel environment) and aesthetic merit.
“This year, we’d love to see our entrants’ vision towards boutique hotel design, especially as more and more homeowners make the move toward hotel-inspired designs for their homes.
“We’re excited to see what concepts this year brings and to shine a light on different ways people can approach compact bathroom designing,” says Jonathan Carter, marketing director of Victoria + Albert.
– The competition is open to all architects, designers and students and entry is free,
– the design must fit within the three-metre by three-metre space,
– Victoria + Albert product must be used in the design, and
– the entry must include a 150-word description, at least two project views including a rendering or sketch, and a floor plan using the 2D or 3D downloads from the Victoria + Albert website.
Entries close 22 December, with the winner announced on 19 January 2018.
For more information, visit vandabaths.com.au or email email@example.com.
Lead image, bathroom design by Casey Design with Planning Group Inc, Toronto. Photo by Donna Griffith.
unltd is a new lighting technology by ambience, which allows creative lighting possibilities that have never been possible before.