Through the stewardship of each of the four father-son principals special relationships have been formed with members of staff and clients whose support and patronage has been invaluable and treasured. The benefits of a family owned and operated business cannot be overlooked. The --practice opened its doors in Queen Street and continued for 38 years in the City Buildings in Edward Street until it moved to Spring Hill in 1959. The business has been able to survive through major economic downturns, the bust of the 1890s, the drepression in the 1930s, and two world wars in addtion to the 1981 fire. Its remarkable life and achievement ha spanned the development of Brisbane from a colonial town to a sprawling 21st century city.