- Article by Online Editor
Sign up for our newsletter
_Sustain Me: Contemporary Design_ presents work by Australian and international designers creating and designing with a deeper understanding of sustainability.
Exhibition pieces range from furniture and jewellery made from post consumer waste, to the use of natural fibres and clay as renewable resources.
Sustain Me: Contemporary Design includes lighting Sustain me includes furniture, lighting, ceramics, jewellery, graphics, architecture and textiles by:
* Luisa Cevese: RIEDIZIONE (Italy)
* Anna Lise De Lorenzo
* Lisa Gasparotto
* Rebecca Green
* Green Life 21 Project: designs by Yoshikazu Hasegawa (Japan) and Prue Venables
* Nancy Walinyinawuy Guyula
* Steven Harrison
* Instyle Contract Textiles
* Andrew Maynard Architects
* Julie Paterson: clothfabric
* Elliat Rich
* David Trubridge (New Zealand)
* Mark Vaarwerk
30 July – 22 August 2009 | Opens Thursday 30 July, 6 to 8pm.
Ivan Dougherty Gallery, College of Fine Arts, The University of New South Wales
Now in its eleventh year, Shaw Contract’s Design Awards program honors architecture and design firms that are changing the way people engage and interact with a space.