- Article by Online Editor
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Above: Cooroy Library, Cooroy, by Brewster Hjorth Architects. Photo by Phill Jackson.
Eighteen projects have been revealed to be in the running for honours at the AIA’s 2013 Sunshine Coast Regional Architecture Awards, to be announced tonight at the Mooloolaba Surf Club.
The projects range from a car dealership to a playground, among a number of houses and other projects entered in commercial, public, residential and small project categories.
Sunshine Coast Regional Jury Coordinator Andrew Cooksley, Principal at ACArch, and jurors Jo Case, Principal at Jo Case Architect and Amelia Loftus, Principal at Loftus Studio, along with Lay Juror Stefan Prystupa, Engineer at TOD Consulting Engineers, will assist the 2013 Awards Jury Director, Mark Damant (Woods Bagot), Deputy Director, Liam Proberts (bureau^proberts), and State Juror Paul Curran (PUSH) with selecting the worthy recipients of Regional Commendations, the Gabriel Poole Award for Building of the Year and the Sunshine Coast House of the Year.
Projects awarded tonight will proceed to the Queensland Architecture Awards, to be announced in Brisbane on 21 June.
See below for the full shortlist:
- Sunshine Coast Mazda, Maroochydore, by Gray Puksand
- Cooroy Library, Cooroy, by Brewster Hjorth Architects
- Girraween Clubhouse, Noosa, by Mode Design
- Rainbow Beach Community Hall and Library, Rainbow Beach, by Brenton Rasheed Architects & Walter Dobkins Architect
RESIDENTIAL ARCHITECTURE – HOUSES
- Calanthe, Doonan, by Tim Ditchfield Architects
- House Read, Rainbow Beach, by Walter Dobkins Architect FRAIA
- Little Cove House, Noosa Heads, by Teeland Architects
- Mountain View Road, Maleny, by Tim Stewart Architects
- Noosa House, Noosa Heads, by Clements Clarke Architects
- Obi Obi House, Obi Obi, by WD Architects
- Peregian Beach Residence, Peregian Beach, by Sparks Architects
- Shlegeris Residence, Noosaville, by WD Architects
- Whitepatch Residence, Bribie Island, by John Marsson & Associates
- Yaroomba House, Yaroomba, by Majstorovic Architecture
RESIDENTIAL ARCHITECTURE – MULTIPLE HOUSING
- Currimundi Apartments, Currimundi, by Macksey Rush Architects
- Island Waters, Birtinya Island, by Sprout Architects
SMALL PROJECT ARCHITECTURE
- Elysium Playground and Park Shelters, Noosa Heads, by Cox Rayner Architects
- Elysium Rec Club, Noosa Heads, by Biscoe Wilson Architects
‘Stripped’ by Greg Natale produces the same carbon footprint in its entire lifetime that you create in just 40 hours. ‘Stripped’ pays tribute to the work of minimalist architects Claudio Silvestrin and John Pawson.