- Article by Online Editor
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
“We’re not talking about the last days of high street or mall retail… it’s not going to go away, it’s just changing.” So says Chris Sanderson, strategy and insight director at trend forecasters, The Future Laboratory, in our article examining the future of retail. This issue of Inside examines the ways in which design is being harnessed to create immersive retail environments. How are artists and designers contributing to brand strategy, and how will Australian organisations adapt to ‘phy-gital’ retailing – a hybrid model harnessing the possibilities of both the online and physical retail environment?
Issue 78 also showcases the complete shortlist for the 2013 Interior Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) ahead of the IDEA awards presentation, taking place on Friday 15 November at the NGV in Melbourne.
In this issue of Inside Interior Design Review:
- Gorman Highpoint, Melbourne, by Travis Walton
- Mahani, Dubai, by Studio Toogood
- Gazi, Melbourne, by March Studio
- Tonka, Melbourne, by Techne Architects
- Louis Vuitton’s artist collaborations: Gillian Serisier looks at the luxury brand’s collaborations with high-profile contemporary artists, including Yayoi Kusama, Stephen Sprouse and Takashi Murakami
- Future retail: Rebecca Roke examines the impact of the digital marketplace on high street retail
- Practice: The work of Melbourne studio DesignOffice
- In profile: Dutch studio, Scholten & Baijings
- Talking shop: An interview with Ryan Russell and Byron George of Russell & George
- In profile: Canberra-based industrial designer, Chris Hardy
- Industry: An interview with Alison Page, founder of the National Aboriginal Design Agency
Cassina, one of the world’s leading furniture companies, has rejoined Space and its collection of the world’s leading contemporary design brands.