Inside issue 72: Homegrown
(Inside) issue 72 has a decidedly Aussie flavour, focusing largely on local designers and products and the issues that affect both them and the industry at large.
In this issue of (Inside) Interior Design Review
- On the cover: Christopher Jenner at Salone Internazionale del Mobile, Milan 2012
- Breathe Architecture’s The National Hotel, a restaurant and bar on the fringe of Abbotsford and Richmond in Melbourne
- Greg Natale’s lavish, masculine bachelor pad, the Elizabeth Bay Apartment in Sydney
- Potts Point’s Tusculum Street Residence by Smart Design Studio, an exercise in muted colour and sleek finishes
- The new MCA, renovated by architect Sam Marshall, in review
- Profiles on Kate Stokes, Brodie Neill and Takeshi Iue
- Features on national identity in Australian design, digital fabrication techniques and other advanced manufacturing technologies, and the Fake vs Real debate in light of Herman Miller’s court settlement with Matt Blatt
- Christian Thompson examines the furore over Rodarte’s use of Aboriginal designs in their Fall 2012 collection, discussing the issue of cultural appropriation in design.