Architectural Designer – Intermediate (Hospitality / Workplace)
Why Join Us? At Gensler, people are our greatest asset. We are a constellation of many stars. Each of our team members represents the best talent within their discipline, bringing a unique point of view to the table. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive workforce. As a global firm, we come from a […]
Why Join Us?
At Gensler, people are our greatest asset. We are a constellation of many stars.
Each of our team members represents the best talent within their discipline, bringing a unique point of view to the table. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive workforce. As a global firm, we come from a multitude of backgrounds, and we value a variety of ideas and perspectives. As interior designers, product designers, architects, graphic designers, Web designers, urban designers, master planners, brand strategists, real estate consultants, information management experts, accountants, marketers, human resource professionals and more, we are committed to Gensler’s vision of making great design work for our clients and communities around the globe.
The way we see it, a successful business is built on the leadership, design excellence and visionary outlook of successful people. We encourage and help you to develop and refine your skills, because we’re as invested in building careers as projects.
Our Sydney office is currently looking to hire an Architectural Designer
As a Gensler’s Architectural Designer, you will develop design solutions and provide project coordination for all project phases, from concept to construction. As a member of the Sydney studio, you will be a part of a team that creates impactful and memorable experiences that will be remembered for a lifetime. Your successful track record on Hospitality and Workplace architectural projects and ability to problem solve both individually and part of a team makes Gensler a perfect place to cultivate your career.
What You Will Do
• Working with Design Director(s) and project team(s), participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
• Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
• Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
• Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
• Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
• Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
• Degree in Architecture
• 3-5+ years of related Hospitality and Workplace project experience;
• Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. High levels of work experience in Revit preferred
• Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and local building codes
• Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas
• State Licensure and Greenstar accreditation a plus
• Strong organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
At Gensler, we work hard but we also value and support having fun while doing what we do best. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week” and activities such as lunch and learns and design lounges, our offices channel our teams’ diverse interests into purposeful impact. We cultivate a community that thrives on fun and creativity while spurring collaboration and innovative thinking
It’s also important that our employees lead a balanced and healthy life. To support this we offer comprehensive benefits including wellness programs, flex-spending, paid holidays and paid time benefits. We also offer a twice annual bonus opportunities. And in addition to hiring the best we are committed to investing in learning and development. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, Gensler reimburses tuition for certain eligible programs or classes.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. Applications will not be considered without uploaded portfolio/work samples, CV and cover letter.
Click here to apply:
Submission End Date: 29 February 2016