Experienced Project Manager
As an experienced Project Manager you should have 4+ years experience. Ideally you would have a design, digital, brand or architectural background managing large-scale and complex projects. You’ll understand the necessary phases of work associated with such projects; discovery, ideation, design, technical development and implementation. You will also be a Client Management star. The role […]
As an experienced Project Manager you should have 4+ years experience. Ideally you would have a design, digital, brand or architectural background managing large-scale and complex projects. You’ll understand the necessary phases of work associated with such projects; discovery, ideation, design, technical development and implementation. You will also be a Client Management star. The role has two key parts where experience in an agency, architecture or design firm is critical and only applicants that can demonstrate their abilities in both areas will be considered;
1. You will be responsible for managing, leading and aligning multiple creative and technical partners ensuring best-in-class design execution and output lead by Downstream’s design vision
2. You will be the key day-to-day contact for one of Australia’s largest brands, ensuring outstanding client service for creating open, honest and long-term working relationships are a critical component of this role.
Analytical, quick thinking and the ability to constantly multi-task in a fast-paced environment are essential skills as the Project Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project across all partner, client and Downstream stakeholders. As the key point of contact for both the Client and the project team, the Project Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of any major engagement.
• Strategic thinking to manage, develop and grow business and become a brand expert on the account
• Skilled in crafting design briefs, briefing a team of designers and managing that brief through to world-class digital experiential execution
• Deliver outstanding client service that forges open, honest and long term client relationships and further business revenue
• Manage complex schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organisation to ensure requirements and project deliverable dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed
• Monitor day-to-day activities and resources relating to the chosen project team and ensure work is progressing on budget and time and is of the highest standard. Therefore people management is as important as project management in this role
• Ability to work across several projects with one or more support staff, or as the primary Project Manager on a large-scale engagement
• Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritise all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
• Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in partnership with the General Manager
• Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
Qualifications & Core skills
• Bachelors degree
• At least 4+ years working within an agency environment on large-scale and complex projects
• Experience working within a team, managing multiple Clients and associated stakeholders
• Strong and professional client-service orientation
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
• Competencies in MS Office, MS Project, InDesign, budget tracking, Basecamp or other related project management and common communication tools is required
In order to be considered for this role, please send a covering letter explaining your understanding of the role, the company, your relevant experience and why you should be considered for the role. Applicants without a covering letter will not be considered. The role is an immediate start, is Melbourne based and requires the appropriate working VISA as sponsorship will not be considered.