Chief Executive Officer – Design Institute of Australia
The Design Institute of Australia (DIA) is looking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to act as their principal advisor to the Board of Directors and Executive team. You will have a strategic focus across various facets of the business, with the aim of improving the institute’s processes and policies and expanding their reach. You […]
The Design Institute of Australia (DIA) is looking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to act as their principal advisor to the Board of Directors and Executive team. You will have a strategic focus across various facets of the business, with the aim of improving the institute’s processes and policies and expanding their reach.
You will provide leadership and management to the overall operations of the Institute and have a track record with an organisation through a successful change management /growth phase.
As the principal voice for the DIA across government, business, education and other relevant associations, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining key relationships in order to promote the DIA as a peak body for the Australian design community.
You will be responsible for administrating DIA programs, with the view to enhance new and existing service offerings and developing the individual platforms.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for advising the Executive board on the following aspects of the business:
- Policy Matters relevant to current & future DIA strategic planning and objectives
- Governance including but not limited to; corporate governance, bylaw maintenance, public policies and company compliances
- Financial matters including but not limited to the development and implementation of business plans, budgets, funding strategies, managing and monitoring loans, cash-flow and company reporting
- Facilitate the implementation of operational and membership policies with the board approval. Ensure membership programs are implemented and maintained and develop strategies for new ones
- Developing and maintaining regular communication between all branches on behalf of the Board, representing the Institute with external organisations and associations locally and overseas, managing the Institute’s Government Relations, advocacy and public relations strategy
- Operational; including staff management, development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures relevant to staff and the company, management of all technologies and ensuring that all resources are covered by insurances, managing the Institute premises and all related building matters.
The appointment will be measured against critical success factors set out by the Board of Directors and you will be accountable to the Board for the development of policy and for the directing and control of programs.
The CEO will also be responsible for managing expenditures from the Board of Directors approved budget. This position also oversees the management of all investments and ensures that all legislated and agreed insurance policies are in place.
Key Criteria for the role includes: previous experience working with a Board of Directors, leading and managing teams, providing financial management, a knowledge of public advisory or policy contexts, strong organisational and communication skills, strategic, analytical and problem solving skills, demonstrated leadership capabilities and an interest or practical knowledge of the design industry in Australia.
For further information, please contact Kate Owens at Bespoke Careers on (03)9663 1188 or email your CV to email@example.com
Bespoke is a specialist agency set up by Architects & Designers for the Architecture & Design industry. We have offices in London, Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong & New York and have been recruiting for high-profile practices locally & internationally for 10+ years. We have been working with the likes of Foster & Partners, Grimshaw, Zaha Hadid, Woods Bagot & Hassell across the globe.
Bespoke is unique in that as trained Architects & Designers with experience in practice we really do understand our industry and care about the people who work within it. You can find out more about us and current opportunities on our website www.bespokecareers.com