Sydney Sales Manager – Retail and Commercial Sales
Tait is seeking an experienced Sales Manager with a keen interest in design and the broader design community, to work with the dedicated retail team at our Redfern Showroom and to continue to develop our commercial and project business.
Founded in 1992, TAIT is a Melbourne-based furniture design and manufacturing company specialising in high quality, Australian made outdoor furniture, servicing the commercial, hospitality and residential markets. We enjoy an outstanding reputation with our clients for our exclusive product range, excellent quality, strong environmental ethos and commitment to providing complete, customised solutions.
This is a “hands on” role and requires the successful candidate to spend time on the showroom floor, working closely with the store team to deliver results. Alongside this the candidate will be required to develop relationships and grow our specifier database through regular meetings with architecture and design clients, securing product specifications and ensuring these specifications translate into sales orders.
To be considered for this position the applicant will have:
• Management experience in a design based retail or commercial sales role
• Ability to lead and coach a dynamic sales team, with initiative and direction
• A demonstrated understanding of the project market including existing relationships with key developers and architects and where possible landscape designers and contract builders
• Ability to identify key decision makers and an understanding of the decision-making processes that relate to project specification
• Ability to develop sales strategies and achieve sales targets
• A proven track record in achievement of sales budgets
• Showroom management experience including store presentation, stock and display management and staff roster supervision
• A proven ability to sell product on the basis of brand, position and benefits
• A charismatic and influential leadership style
• Effective planning and organisational skills
• High levels of energy and self-motivation
NB: Some weekend work and interstate travel will be required
Applicants must be holders of a current NSW driver’s license.
In return we offer an attractive remuneration package based on skills and experience (including achievable performance based incentives).
We provide a detailed product-training program with regular updates and structured performance and salary reviews.
For more information on Tait and our products, visit www.madebytait.com.au
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a young and dynamic team. For a copy of the position description or to apply for this role please email CV and cover letter to:
Applications close on Friday 7 February 2014