Infrastructure Solutions Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Solution Engineer (SE) to join Autodesk as a technical business advisor to customers and channel partners in Australia and New Zealand.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Solution Engineer (SE) to join Autodesk as a technical business advisor to customers and channel partners (resellers) across Australia and New Zealand.
Autodesk is a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
The Solution Engineer will be responsible for leading all technical aspects of an Autodesk sales campaign by supporting the resellers and Industry Sales team with direct engagement with end users.
The Solution Engineer uses in-depth industry and software knowledge to uncover customer business issues and suggest improvements, thus earning status as a trusted advisor with the customer. He/ She will partner with internal sales reps and authorized resellers to provide pre-sales technical assistance. This encompasses delivery of the corporate marketing message via product demonstrations which may occur in small, large and trade show venues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates product features and benefits in pre-sales situations. Present Autodesk products to prospective customers in the form of presentations. Presentations may be live, or via Web-delivery mechanisms. Also provides customer consultation, support and product presentations at industry specific trade shows.
- Provides product demonstration assistance in customer facing launch events. Conduct professional product presentations and demonstrations in large forums that are Autodesk sponsored in order to generate sales and meet revenue objectives (Product Launch Events)
- Partners with Autodesk Authorized Resellers. Provide customer facing presentations in the form of dealer seminars, workshops and “Lunch and Learn” sessions. Work with Authorized Autodesk Reseller technical staff to ensure they are proficient Autodesk software tools. Partner with them to grow, refine, and enhance their presentation abilities.
- Supports user group meetings. SE will become proactive in local, state and national industry related user groups. Interaction should include presentations, panel discussions and specific product demonstrations. AE will assist in educating the user groups to publicize the Autodesk message.
- Works with TMM Technical Marketing Manager (TMM) to validate dataset. SE should coordinate with the Technical Marketing Manager to insure that datasets and related scripts are prepared correctly. Messaging should be clarified and refined to include key features and functionality. SE should influence the TMM with fresh ideas from the field.
Provides Occasional post-sales support. SE may be requested to provide technical support on a limited basis to key accounts. This support should only be performed to continue the strategic relationship with the account and should ultimately assist in future sales. SE should involve existing support channels including Autodesk Authorized Resellers and internal Autodesk Product support.
- Product Evangelist. SE will become an expert in spreading the product message. They will convey a positive message to accounts and individuals who are looking for a solution but may not know which product will fit their needs the best. SE will also attempt to find a fit for their products in new environments. SE will enthusiastically assist customers to make the best decisions on the Autodesk solution that will meet their needs.
- Technical knowledge of using one of more of the following AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil3D, AutoCAD Map3D, Autodesk Revit Structure and Autodesk Utility Design
- Must have strong experience with leading Infrastructure design software (i.e. AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil3D). Knowledge of any other Infrastructure Services and Building performance analysis software desirable
- Good understanding of BIM for Infrastructure workflow
- Must be willing to become an expert in the use of AutoCAD Civil3D, AutoCAD Map3D, Autodesk Revit Structure and Autodesk Utility Design.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team of technical personnel, marketing/sales people, and project managers.
Interested applicants kindly email detailed resume to email@example.com