- Article by Online Editor
Sign up for our newsletter
Large-scale, multi-award-winning projects unsurprisingly and deservedly attracted much attention on Australian Design Review in 2012, with 1 Bligh St proving to be the most popular project of the year and the award-winning Royal Children’s Hospital coming in at third place. But residential projects marked their territory too, with Sparks Architects’ Australian modernist pavilion – the Montville House – coming in at second, Smart Design Studio’s Tusculum Street Residence in fourth and Matt Gibson Architecture’s Kooyong House in fifth place.
March Studio’s ever-popular Baker D Chirico in Carlton also made the list after a wildly successful year, as did the mirrored ‘reverse disco ball’ facade of Charles Wright’s Cairns Botanic Gardens Visitors Centre.
See below for the full list of ADR’s most popular projects in 2012, listed in order of popularity:
1. Architecture: 1 Bligh St
2. Architecture: Montville House
3. Architecture: Royal Children’s Hospital
4. Interiors: Tusculum Street Residence
5. Architecture: Kooyong House
6. Architecture: Greenhouse by Joost Bakker
7. Architecture: Cairns Botanic Gardens Visitors Centre
8. Architecture: Lilli Apartments
9. Interiors: Baker D Chirico, Carlton
10. Architecture: Curlewis House
This is a like-minded community of ILVENISTA’s, who share a common bond of cooking for family and friends with their ILVE cookers.